Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, June 1, 2015

Fammm!!!
How is everyone doing out there in big AZ. Sounds like everyone is really busy working on the rental house since it was left like a dump, stupid people these days. But it also sounds like you guys will have fun in McCall and up in Moab I miss doing stuff like that and messing around. But I know if I work hard here I'll  be blessed for it and so will you guys! 

So this week started out tuff because me and my comp are pretty much opening up a new area here.  My last comp that I had for like four days left me one person to work with. So we've been doing lots of contacts in the roads and stuff which is good cause now I'm learning alot because in my last area members always gave us references.  We didn't have to do very many contacts and knocking on doors there. It was funny this week, we were making a contact with this guy and he was so hard headed and he was a missionary from a different church. He kept telling us that he was from the church of Brazil, so we just kept saying that we were from the Church of Jesus Christ.  It was funny haha, gotta have some fun sometimes! But its getting better, we got some good references from a lady in our ward and we are going to try to mark there baptisms today. I will be excited if we do because everyone says its a hard area here but we're going to turn it around.


So I got a new companion Monday from an emergency transfer. He's from Argentina and this kid is crazy. He has so much energy all the time and he's 


ripped. Me and him are going to start hitting it hard exercising more. Because I'm tired of people looking at my pictures and asking me where I'm at in the picture cause they don't recognize me since I'm so small now hahah! But whatever, this area I'm always eating and members are always giving us cake haha! I'm going to gain my weight back or I'll  just get fat.

My comp has 1 year and 7 months in the mission so I swear everyone I know will be leaving..... but this kid is cool. But sometimes he doesn't know when to stop.  Like this week we were in a recent converts house and her whole family are not a member's and he was going crazy telling them he's ready to baptize everyone in this area and stuff.  I was like chill out dude haha!  He finally chilled out, when the sisters who were with us about had a heart attack from this! But 

it turned out ok, because this woman is building a house and she is really needing some help, so me and my comp are going to use our construction skills and lay tile down for her this week or next. 

I know I don't want to get on a bus again for a long time, thats for sure.  Two weeks ago I went from Mossoro to Currais Novo, that was almost a 3 hr bus ride.  Then last Monday I went to Natal and then back, which is four hours one-way. Then we had a mission conference in Natal Thursday so we went there and back again and now this week I have to got to Caico again and thats two hours right there. But the conference in Natal was sweet.  We got to hear from a Member of the 70.  His name was Elder Mazagardi and he was pretty hard core. He started off in the beginning saying, "if you don't feel worthy to enter the temple you should go home".  But after that he was pretty good, he talked about how some members will be baptized, go to church, then go to the temple.  Then there's other members that will make covenants, have their sinned washed away through baptism, continue renewing their covenants while taking the sacrament, make covenants in the temple , and talk with God in prayer continuing to build on what they have promised to do. I have it written better in my journal, but his purpose was to show us to not just go through the motions but to actually make covenants and have faith in these things.  It was really cool.


I 'll send some pictures of the conference.  When I can, but I think my camera has a virus or something. But I got to talk to my first comp Elder Vieira, Elder Dos Santos and all the other kids i met when i first got into the mission field. It was really fun cause now I can speak Portuguese with them and say what I want haha. I'm loving this area already, the members are cool. We have a really small ward. This week in sacrament it wasn't that good because we only got one investigator to come 

to church. But on Saturday we got two other women to go to the relief society activity so that was good. This area has alot of wind and this morning when i was going to workout I almost grabbed a sweater haha!

I love you guys, do the things that you need to do with meaning and don't give up! Blessings will come.  I love you guys and I'm so thankful for this chance we all have together.


 te amo Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment