Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, May 25, 2015

Opa familia-
Ya, I got transferred this week to the Currais Novos area in Caico. Caico is about 2 hours and 40 minutes south of Mossoro where I was serving. I am now living in the same house as Elder Balich one of my companion's in the CTM.  Also, sister Hernandez is in my district here too so this transfer is going to be sweet. We have alot of greenies in this area. That means a lot of new missionaries that are just starting their missions.  I've heard from everyone that this area is super hard to teach and baptize people.  They say everyone is really catholic or of a different religion and I have seen that these past four days here. So we are going to try and turn this area around.

We have a really small church in our area with one ward and a branch.  So I think I’m going to be learning how to give alot of talks, haha. My companion was Elder W. Santos but he’s getting transferred now to a different area.  This kid was cool, so I’m so mad that he is leaving now especially since I have no idea of this area. So this will be fun-haha. I’m getting a hispanic comp now I think.  I haven’t met him yet but I’m here in Natal waiting and starving haha.  I used all my money to travel to my new area and now here and I’m going to have to pay to go back.

I’m liking this new area though. It has alot of wind so its pretty cool most of the time. Unlike my last area where I died of the heat. This area is in the mountains so the roads here go straight up and down. I’ve already met alot of cool people. A couple of women that we call our mom’s here in the mission, if they really like you they’ll make you dinner or lunch whenever you don’t have it.  I’ve had dinner everyday here. Unlike my last area where I didn’t have it once.

You’re really going to laugh when I tell you what I ate. This lady here cooks some really strange things for us. So I have eaten these little small birds where they still have everything left on them. Like their heads and feet and stuff.  It’s like the whole little bird and she straight up boils it and serves it just like that. So I ate them. It was really weird haha.  You have to break the stomach open and eat it like that. And then yesterday I ate snake at her house. So I’m just excited to see what else she has to make for me haha! I’ve eaten it all cause my comp said if you get her trust she will do anything for you. So I’m just going to have to live through this. But it wasn’t that bad, it tasted like chicken but different.

But defiantly leaving my last area was the hardest thing. I didn’t think I would ever feel that way. The day of transfers they call at like 7 at night to tell you if your leaving. They wait until it is late so you will work all day. But at 7p Wilson and me met up with some of the members that wanted to see where we were getting transferred to. Then the news came that I was leaving and people there actually started crying and stuff but I had to stay strong. Me and Wilson hung out there the rest of the night and some of the girls in my ward brought me presents and stuff.

Then after that we went home to pack up my stuff and there was Heider and he started crying. He gave me his 200$r hammock and some little things.  Then I talked to my second mom that lives next to us.  She always helped me and taught me how to wash my clothes and do whatever else I needed that I always had you do for me mom- haha. But she started crying and so did her daughter whose 14 but looks 18. Then in the morning me and Wilson woke up early at 5 to play our last game of basketball.  We also went and visited Bruno really quick.

I got on the bus to Caico with another missionary and we waited there forever for my comp but it turned out I wasn’t suppose to be there. My zone leader didn’t tell me which city so I got on the bus again and arrived at night. Then Heider called because he was at Victorios house with their whole family and he passed the phone around and I got to talk to all of them because I didn’t have time to visit them before I left. That lil girl who I played basketball with, when the phone got to her she couldn’t even talk cause she was crying so much. That phone call sucked so much. But it’s all good, I’m ok and I’m ready to start this new area. This Thursday we have a missionary meeting with a Seventy so that will be sweet.

Elder Moffat talked about me making French toast for our district?  I’m a cheffffffffff! Well they actually turned out bomb. But I got to go. I love you guys.

Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment