Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, June 29, 2015

Familia,

No I didn't get my package yet because they wont send it to me until I send the money to the mission office in Natal for the bogus fees they want for it.  No one is going to the office anytime soon so I just have to wait, so maybe next transfer I will get it.


Haha, dang you guys are not having any luck with the truck these days. It was fixed then damaged again at the repair shop? - that sucks. It sounds like a fun idea to get out of AZ for the fourth.  Of course you guys start to do cool stuff when I'm not around.  Everyone would rather stay home if I would have asked to do something like that... seeing the love. I guess now you guys are starting to feel how I feel with the heat haha and you guys have AC and a pool so don't give me any. No, but in this area the weather is pretty good compared to my last area where it was bad.


It's definitely a struggle in this area. Me and my comp started to lose our desire to work last  week because of this and transfers coming. But we turned to the Lord to help us with our desire and we finished out the week strong!  Even with the holidays last week, but we still haven't received any fruit from our labor's.   But we wont get down. We have been learning a lot in this area which I have a lot to be grateful for. I can see in myself some of the stuff I'm doing now that I would have never done before back in AZ -which I know wasn't much(; One of the biggest thing's tho is having patience for the members and our investigators. If me and my comp stay, which we think we will we are going to start all over again but in a different part of our area that's really far away. But it will be worth it because a member showed it to us last Pday and told us that a long time ago missionaries who worked in this area had pretty good success, so we will try it.


Last week we had two pretty big holidays São João on Thursday and  i think E São Pedro yesterday. It's when everyone lights up fires in front of their houses and bust off fireworks all  night into the morning or whatever time that you're feeling it. It's just what they do here. We spent time at a members house during the night cause we couldn't teach anyone at these times except yesterday when me and Baliach went on divisions together at the end of the day.  We all had to be at the church for a meeting but we also had a someone to visit so i went with him and it turned out great. They really liked me and Baliach and they popped out a big thing of ice cream and then we were about to leave and the lady there told us to sit down because they were cooking a barbecue for us haha so we stayed because we had to! At the end of the night, a lil kid who is 5 yrs old came in and started bombing us with fireworks haha it was so funny cause everyone just booked it out of the house. The sketchy thing about their fireworks here is that they are all handmade like Tyler's.  Anyone can buy them and some are gnarly big but they are a lot sketchier than the ones Tyler makes-haha.


A bunch of people have emailed me today so I'm keeping this one short but I love you guys I'll tell you if I get transferred or not. 


tchau 

Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment