Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Familia!!
Yooo, yea its cool here hahahha not really but this area is so much better than my last area in the weather part.  I almost put on a sweater this morning before I went out but then I remembered it'll be hot in a lil bit. How are you guys?

 This week was a trial for me and my comp. It's hard to get members to come with us to go and teach or to give us references. So we are just hoping for a miracle to find more people to teach. Solid people that want to hear the gospel.  We have a bunch of older ladies that we are teaching that we got by a reference from another older lady in our ward. They are pretty good. But theres this one, senhora da graça we have been teaching. It's hard to pass by there all the time because shes always sleeping at random times of the day. So we are trying to go there at night more to teach her and her granddaughter who is my age. They are coming along well but the older lady is too lazy to come to church and her granddaughter really wants to come but she wants her grandma to go with her.  So we will get them to go next Sunday.  They didn't go yesterday because when we passed by there on Saturday she was sleeping.

We also have another older lady named Duva. She likes the church but she also likes to talk me and my comps ear off because she lives alone. We got her to go to an activity but not to sacrament meeting yet, but we are going to keep trying. She has a friend thats catholic who is sometimes there when we pass by. She always trys to argue with us so we just tell her that there is a meeting going on at her church and ask her why shes not there if she believes so much. But we also found a girl that is my age that we are teaching. She served a mission for the catholic church for 2 years in Sao Paulo and now is doing servicework for her church.  So it will be really cool to get her to commit to baptism. She's really interested in our church and is always asking question. We were going to try and teach her and her whole family Saturday but they weren't there.                                                                                          

Saturday was not a good day for me and my comp. We made a lot of appointments with people and not one person was home. Saturday is the most important day to get people to commit to come to church the next day. So that really sucked, we only had one person come to church this week but we'll do better this week.It sounds like you guys are doing good. Gavin is killing it on the mountain bike I hear.  I bet everyone loved the trip to Moab dad but haahah I knew some kids wouldn't make it the whole way. That was a pretty challenging trail they were on and if you don't have the mind set you won't make it. And mom haha Freak you messed up your beautiful face? Nooo I hope it doesn't leave any mark haha gotta be careful going downhill on the trail. Everyone here always asks me if you are a brasileira-haha.                                                                                                                              

I got to email with Jacoby a lil. He sounds like he is doing good on his mission in El Salvador.  Im starting to workout hard now and I have already gained weight back. Because I'm sick of being small haha. Did Heider email you mom? Email him back, he's a cool dude.  I told him to write in Portuguese haha because I can't even understand him sometimes when he writes in english haha but he can talk decent. Ehhhh I'm pumped for my package! I'll try to send some pictures off a members computer because it doesn't want to work on this one. I don't know why and I don't want to lose all of my photos.  I don't want to do anything stupid to lose them.  Today my district are going to a slack line. It's where you hook up a rope from one palm tree to another and you walk across it. It'll be cool. We will probably play volleyball too or something. 
Te amo
Elder Mauter 

No comments:

Post a Comment