Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Tuesday, April 7, 2015


Hey fam bam!!
This week was quick with gereral conference and everything going on so I really don't have anything cool to say this week desculpe.. but I got to watch conference in english thank goodness hahah! All the amaricans were able to jam in the small computer room to watch the session on Saturday, but after the first session they let us into the high priest room and they set up a projector which was way better cause it had air conditioning and comfy chairs. We totally ice boxed the place because we thought we might as well enjoy it while we can haha. but I really liked the talks from conference.  Its way different when you actually pay attention hahha but the only thing they talked about was getting married so that got me thinking a lil and a lil trunky ahha jk I'm still all here and not looking for a brasileira yet mom. How, was conference for you guys.  It sucked because I didn't get monkey bread but I guess you guys didnt either so I'm cool with that. But in between conference a member made us like 30 homemade pizzas with chicken, ham, brats, onions,tomatoes and pepper's.  They were so bomb and I ate so much.  So when we ended up leaving we had like 10 min to get to the church and we all tried running but we couldnt because we were so full haha.

This week because of Easter is also called semana santa (Holy Week)and for three days everyone eats fish... so guess what. I ate a bunch of fish this week and when I say fish its not your fillet fish. But a straight up whole fish haha! It's still not good to me  but I ate it everytime we had it, because I need to keep up my reputation that I eat everything haha. It was funny because here this lady, when you dont eat or don't have one of the dishes like beans on your plate the people will sit there and all criticize you haha. It happened to my comp this week. He didn't have beans on his plate and I swear everyone in the house was like "you don't like beans?" Why don't you like my food? It was so funny because they wouldn't stop until he did and same with the other american mish, because he's picky too. He got asked the same question but he doesn't understand so he nodded his head Yes haha - we were all like Noooooo..  But I think the fish thing is a catholic tradition. Ask grandma but everyone here does it.

Another funny thing that happened this week, I don't know why I'll even tell you guys this but I broke a chair when I was sitting on it. haha! It couldn't handle my american size!  So now I have broken a chair and a bicicyle here this transfer and I have this last week to go, so we'll see what else I'll break on accident.

I received Kim's package this week so tell her Thank-You!! She always writes me too so I'm going to send a letter out today to her and everyone too I hope, if i can get to the post office.  I have already written some.  I dont know if I should just send them all to you mom and then you can mail them or what. I got a bunch of letters this week too and all the missionaries hate me now haha! Because when they were handing out the letters everyone was around, and only my name was getting called hahah so Thanks everyone!

Kim put two water guns in my package. So me and dos santos grabbed them and messed with our comps.  Then we started to get our neighbors too haha!  It was so fun and now looking back on it I realize I cant believe what my life has come to. With me having a blast with two water guns and a 18 yr old and 19 yr old kids! Haha

But mom, thanks for all the talks you sent me and that Michael Jordan talk I'll end up translating it in Portuguese so I can use it because I like it alot. But mom when I ask for pictures I don't want one picture of our family and 4 pictures of myself. What am I going to do with those pics -hand them out to all the brasileiras here(;

This week and last week we have been working with 4 people and we scheduled their dates of baptisms for this Sunday. So this week we are going to work extra hard and focus on them to get them baptized.  We will visit them everyday until they get dunked in some water. It's sometimes hard with my comp latley becasue he is slowly dying.   Because he only has 5 months left, so he's getting pretty lazy and i guess our zone leaders saw it and i had a interview with the prez this week about him. The prez wanted to know if i was actually receiving training from him and stuff but im going to try to push my comp to do more this next week. So I'll see if the next transfer if i stay with him. But everything here is good.  Sounds like everything is good at home too. Ill be there in 20 months now,haha!
eu amo voces.
keep me updated on everything and everyone falou
Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment