Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, April 20, 2015

painho manha!!!!!!!
What's up fam,
Ya, so my comp got transferred to Natal and also dos santos. So only me and the other American stayed. My new comp is from Sao Paulo, he looks like Legend Artis! He's pretty cool and I like him.  I know I will learn alot from him because he never wants to stop working or talking about the gospel. Which is good for me cause now that's the only thing I get to think about. I guess I'm a true mish now, even though I wanna try and change the subject sometimes. But that doesn't happen haha! But he's cool he's really organized and we can only do things that are on the schedule.  I guess the Lord thinks I need to learn to be more organized or something.  So I'm learning, even though it's kinda annoying sometimes. I'll deal with it hah! And also I'm learning how to clean a house for real.  Like I like to have a clean house and all and I clean our house but my new comp likes to have that place sparkling! So we were all cleaning our house for the bigger part of the morning today. I think I can lick the floors now. He only has like 2 more transfers left in the mission so he'll probably finish here.

We try and teach all the time and we are  even leaving to teach right now so I have to hurry my email, so sorry if it's weak this week. We also got another American in our house. I had met him before when I was first leaving Natal at the bus station coming here. We had already talked alot there and know each other well, and he's so funny haha. Me and him have stayed out the last couple of days talking to our neighbors at night joking with them haha. He's from Miami Florida and has only like 6 more months left in the mission.

Last week I finally got to baptize Marcos!!!!!! This kid é legal de mais(is cool). He was having faith problems because of the last interview that he didn't pass. But I just talked with my new companion and told him we were going to be at that kids house everyday and Saturday. And we will walk with him to the church Sunday. So that was the big thing this week.

We met a lot of new people this week by going and teaching a young kid. We actually are meeting with his parents and teaching them too.   Investigators that are older are a lot harder to work with, but I'd rather it be that way and baptize families.  So we are working hard. So hopefully we can have alot of people to baptize next Sunday. That's what we are planning for.

I'm starting to wake up in the morning to go workout with a member in my ward who is huge. So I'm trying to learn from him and get big again. So like today I woke up at 6am and ran all the way to the center of Mossoro and did pull-ups, sit-ups and stuff there. Then I actually met this guy that used to live in Texas.  He came up to me cause I guess I just stand out as an American with my ASU shirt on, out here repping in Brazil!!! He was cool, he has that super cowboy American accent. So I actually didn't workout alot today cause I was talking to him for the most part of my time about our church, sports and stuff. He invited me to go spear fishing with him haha, I wish. I might just have to break some rules and go with him-jk mom.

You guys all look like your having fun out there in AZ. I love your emails and I love you guys (e eu amo vocês).
eu sei que se nós trabalhamos duro o senhor vai nos ajudar em nossas dificuldades  (I know that if we work hard the Lord will help us in our difficulties)
tchau -bye
Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment