Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, March 30, 2015

Hey,
How's the family doing up there in G town? Well, it sounds like everyone is doing well. Dad is having fun mountain biking in Moab. I wish I could go again. I remember how hard it was but it was so fun. Don't worry dad, everyone is gonna love it but they are going to have to learn how to push through those hills hahahha-boa sorte!!!! (good luck)

"When This Happy Time Flies!"

Everything here is going great. Weeks are flying by and I'm learning more and more every week. I'm still trying to finish the BoM but I'm almost done. Out of all the things that I do one of the things that sticks out to me is when I read the BoM. I can really feel the spirit telling me its true. I wish I would have read the Bible and BoM more before I came out here and wasn't such a lazy kid hahah, because they both have such good stuff.  And now I really don't get that much time to study the BoM because I really need to focus on Preach my Gospel and Portuguese in the mornings. I have 30 min to exercise, 30 min for personal study, 1 hour for comp study, 1 hour for training and 1 hour for language study and then lunch. So in this time i never get to exercise, I have just faced the fact that I'll look like Gavin after my mission! Then I usually read the BoM and then for training I usually practice the lessons with my comp. But now I teach with elder moffat in practice lessons so its almost the real deal and I'm getting pretty good. I only have a few things I need to work on to make it perfect. Then I need to start to study the other two lessons too, and I usually never get time to study the language because we always leave or we go over time. Like the other day they wanted us to teach all the lessons haha. Its annoying but I can really tell a difference when I'm actually teaching.

This week I was able to share a personal experience with an investigator of elder dos santos and moffat cause I was with them cause my comp was in a different area for the day. They were telling me that it was so good and I really don't remember what I said but I'm realizing that when you teach from the heart its so much easier and better.

Last week we had a mission conference and it was so cool cause I got to see sister hernadez and elder bean. I talked alot with them and it was so fun too, because we could actually talk in Portuguese together unlike when we were in the ctm. We wouldn't even try hahaha. But they're doing good. elder bean has lost so much weight its so funny I'll send you a picture of him. You will laugh like I did when I saw him. I finally got to meet all the other people in the mission that everyone talks about.  So now I can actually know who my comp is talking about. But in the conference president gave a training and really only talked about rules like he always does and that the mission numbers need to be better. I was so pooped after that because that morning we had to wake up at 2am to take a bus for 4 hours to another city and we ended up not even sleeping.  Then after the meeting we had to go right back on the bus for 4 hours and I had to go to the bathroom so bad on the way back so it was such a terrible ride hahaha.


Last week the kid named Bruno put pictures of me and my comp on his Bday cake and then when he cut the first piece he made a toast to me for being his friend and example. It was weird but cool at the same time.  
Me and dos santos got to go on divisions like 2 times this week and I like going on splits with him so much cause I swear each time I learn so much and its so much easier with him cause we joke around too.  One thing I've learned is that I'm a funny kid and I like to joke around but when it actually comes time to do the lords work I'm serious because its a serious matter.  But we always make the best out of it. I have also seen how satan really does work because we have like 3 people that were suppose to be baptised and they were all sick. Then when we were teaching this one kid about the restoration his drunk dad came in and started making a bunch of noise and asking so many questions and trying to stop the lesson.

But I got to have a good talk with dos santos this week about everything and he told me that we will all be tested on our mission at one point where you will suffer a lot.  Almost until breaking and going home because the lord prepares you, your areas, your comps and your investigators that you'll meet. For the good and the bad that will help and make you grow. Those trials will help you grow a real testimony of things. I know I don't have a huge testimony yet but I know its growing and that was one of the reasons I came out here, to find my testimony and to learn and grow.  Every night I pray for more experiences and opportunities to grow.

I love you guys. I'm really grateful for this opportunity here and I hope your all happy too at home.
obrigado por todo eu amo vocês. eu estou realmente grato por este oportunidade aqui . e eu espero que vocês estão feliz tamben a lar.
Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment