Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, April 27, 2015

ee ai fam!!
This  week has been really busy!  Me and my comp are working hard and trying to push each other in our weak spots. So I'm learning alot even though we arent the same person at all, but its still all chill.  We have found alot of families last week that we have baptisms planned for next week. We didn't have any baptisms Sunday but we got a family to come with us and we had 10 investigators attend church yesterday! That was really a faith builder because at the start of the last week we made a goal to have 9 investigators at church. At first my comp was telling me that was a really high number, but you got to go big or go home!! So we did a lot of work. We should have actually had 2 more families come but they had problems getting to church so they didnt end up coming. 
Sunday was loco, me and my comp had so many investigators to bring to the bus that morning. Here, we always wake up early on Sunday and pass by peoples houses to bring them to the bus or they usually won't come.  So it's hard sometimes. Like yesterday when we had so many peoples houses to pass by. But I just love to walk and sometimes run, I'm starting to get used to it haha. 
So Sunday me and my comp got held up at a girls house who said she would come.  We passed by there and she wasn't ready, which is normal so we told her we would wait. So we waited there for awhile and then she ended up coming out and saying she didn't want to go. After that we hurried to the Favelas to call other people and bring them to the bus. But we ended up missing the bus so we called the Bishop and he came and helped us out. We actually were planning on another member picking up one family whose son is injured. But the member was sick that day so we ended up packing the Bishop's car with like 30 people. 
The story of the family we met lives by the one kid I talked about in the past when I had to get his baptism paper signed. We ended up waiting on baptizing him because we are going to work with his mom and his next door neighbors family to be baptized together.  They are all really close and I think its a lot better that way cause I just don't want to baptize and no one continues in the church. So we have been teaching all of them together at night now. It's been hard to get them to go to church though. 
But 2 weeks ago the next door neighbor's families son got shot in the back, he's 20 years old. We met him last week and he was having a lot of pain in his stomach and couldn't sleep. I can see why because they totally cut open his stomach to get the bullet. My comp gave him a blessing and he was able to sleep much better he said. So right now he is really thanking God for his life. He has actually helped us a lot with his family too. We invited him to church and he said he would go and that just made his whole family want to go too.  His mom was like i guess i need to go with you to make sure everything will be alright with you, acting like she really needed too. His 2 sisters came and his dad. The Bishop grabbed him and his family and there wasn't any space left for us. 
Me and my comp went to our house to see where the one member was that told us he would help us with his car and he was sick. I ended up giving him some of my medicine and we gave him a blessing. After that we went to Marcos house to talk to him and he said he would go to church too. He was with his girlfriend and they said they would get a taxi.  After that me and my comp ran to the church, literally haha!  Because now there was only like 20 minutes until sacrament started.  We missed almost all of church because sacrament meeting is last.  Me and my comp were dying when we finally got to the church.  It's so funny cause we are really not in shape for running like that and so we were sucking some wind haha! But it was good because we got there right before it started. 
It was also good because we visited that family last night to ask them if they had any questions and they just asked about how much we do for people to get them to church. They also asked us questions about things they heard. Another thing they asked about was when they saw a list being passed around for lunches for the missionaries.  They wanted to do one for us but they were already full.  So they asked us about dinner and we told them we never eat dinner and they freaked out. The gangster kid got up and was going to make us some food but his mom stopped him cause he shouldn't walk that much. So she made us something quick to eat and told me she wanted my mom to recognize me when I return home haha!  Because I'm going to be really tan and skinny, haha!
So that was a lil part of my week. I love it here in Mossoro. I'm starting to realize that this may be my last month here and I don't want to leave.  It sucks when you are friends with almost everyone in the ward. So I'm going to work hard here while it lasts. Me and wilson are starting to workout every morning, playing some basketball.  I had some kids watching me this morning and they were freaking out haha-it was fun! 
com amor 
Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment