Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, May 4, 2015


opppa fam bam
 
I'm going to first write what I need so I don't forget. My pants are getting ruined because of the sun- they are turning red. But don't send me any right now. I got hook ups here in Mossoro. One of the members is going to paint them so they go back to the original color. Send some pictures of our family, friends .... hook me up mãe por favor. Don't forget my journals, I want big ones.  




Maybe a map of the states. Tell me some tips on how to wash my clothes cause they all just stay dirty which sucks -our washer machine sucks. Oh, and ask those people in our ward how I can train my voice for a better accent. 

This week has gone by fast. I'm not looking forward to transfers that are coming up here soon haha.  I know you think I'm bi-polar cause one of my emails I said I wanted to move around but now I really just want to stay here, freak! This week we have been having some difficutlies with our investigators. The one family that I talked about whose son was shot, they didn't go to church last week because they are starting to get less interested. I think because one of the 20 yr old girls'boyfriend just came into town. She's getting lazy and focusing more on him than eternal life. But I will work some magic on her and her family.  The kid who was shot really likes me and he's pretty much the head of the family. If he makes a decision everyone will do the same. So I hope they will go next week.

Sorry this email is going to be short. There's this girl sitting next to me and she wont stop talking.  Im trying to give her the hint but shes not getting it. But this week was good, we made alot of new contacts and met with them. We had a baptism last Saturday. He was the brother of victorio who I already baptized.  So now their whole family is baptized.  So my goal now is to get them all to come back to church. I got one of the girls in the family to come and watch the baptism, so that was good. She knows a girl from school that comes. I'm going to talk to that girl in our ward to work with us and help her come back. She is 15 yrs old and she's already married. That's another thing really weird here in Brazil, everyone gets wifed up real quick. 


Sorry,  I don't have my camera on me today cause we are going to play basketball after this but I'll send some pic's next week. Elder Wilson, (the new elder in my house) me and him like the same stuff. So every morning we go play basketball to burn off all the soda we drink.  We have a pretty good group that comes there to play.  I'll baptize all of them, if I can stay one more transfer. Sometimes we go on divisions when we can cause we work so much better together. 


I'm planning on calling home around 6 pm my time. So you guys better hurry home from church and invite all the homies! We started an English class here, so every tues and wed nights we teach for like 2 hours. We get a bunch of people to come so its a good way to find new investigators. Gavin is killing it! I didn't think he had it in him to get 4th out of 650 scouts at the triathlon- but i seeee you boy! The family sounds good in your emails. 


Te amo - I'll talk to you guys Sunday 

Elder  Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment