Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, March 2, 2015

Opa!!

Hahah, ya mom the guy that cuts my hair is a member and he's really cool. He's that crazy guy i talk about.  I still dont know his name because its so weird so it doesn't stick with me. And ya i make sure he cuts it right hahah you know me Ma!  But i dont yell at him like i did to you(;  This week nothing really went on it was kinda a relaxed week because of transfers tomorrow. I still dont know if ill get a new comp or not but i think I'll find out later today idk.  I like my comp but whoever the Lord puts me with ill be good with.  I hope he isn't a weirdo though. I like this one Brazilian in my house, hes a big kid from Recife hes a funny kid so it'll suck to see him go.. his comp will probably stay. His comp is cool sometimes....but other times i just want to deck him because he thinks he has so much more authority than me when he's this lil short kid but i always keep my cool even though the Mauter blood wants to take over.

This week we didnt have a baptism because our investigater was sick.  So me and my comp are going to try to baptize him tomorrow and vistit him today cause we dont want to give him to different missionaries when we worked so hard and he is such a cool kid. He's been iffy and nervous about being baptized ever since one of the elders was a goalado (we call people that if they block baptisms ask Tanner haha. So I ask that you all pray for him because cara e bom bom - the kid is legit.

In my studies i have been really trying to think of an example to use in lessons because its always better for people to understand and i use that book you gave me mom and it helps so thank you. and also i learn alot from different missionaries, its cool. But we went on splits this week with the assistant to the president and i really just watched his example. Because he goes home this week but when he was with us that week he wasn't just coasting to the finish line he was talking to everyone that he saw and i could tell he had a real desire to help the people here. And one lesson especially it was weird, he was talking to Marcus about no one is going to be prepared for their obstacles,  just like when we were babies we had to crawl before we ran. When we learn to walk we fall and we get back up - but eventually we learn and know what to do and it really ties into the gospel because as we start to live it we may not see the blessing until later. We end up learning and understanding why these things are put in place. I felt the spirtit strong in that lesson and it was weird because i could understand everything that he was talking about. So that was my only cool moment this week.

I'm starting to talk and understand more.  Like last week me and my comp stopped and watched this soccer game and these lil kids were talking about me and i knew everything that they were saying and they were debating on talking to me and one said he wont understand and it was funny cause i started talking to him in Portuguese and his mind was blown haha!!  Me and my comp were laughing about that the rest of the day. Ya, i have started to dream in Portuguese,  I remember the first time it was so weird because mom was yelling at me in Portuguese and when i woke up my head hurt cause it was so weird and I was probably thinking so hard to dream that haha!! But I dont always dream in Portuguese its kinda on and off. 
hahah my boy Gav has a girlfriend what a stud i wanna see a picture!!!! 


I have definitely been hearing your prayers when the days get tuff here. I think im going to get my package next week im not sure though. Did it say it arrived in Brazil yet? Because if it isnt here by next week ill have to wait a whole other transfer to get it, which will suck.
eu amo vocês. eu espero que vocês estão feliz ate mais.
Elder Mauter
vida louca



No comments:

Post a Comment