Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, February 23, 2015

E ai!!! (what up)
I don't know why you guys worry so much, I'm loving it out here.  Its hard but its fun. I love the people and i know all of this will help me in the long run.  And like Grandma Mauter said to look at this like an adventure because it really is. Some of this stuff i would never see, relationships i would have never had before and being able to live in Brazil which is really cool.
Pai(father) dont worry haha i was just joking about the girls. I'm way more focused on the work, but then again I'm still 18 so I'm gonna say some things hahah. Some old grandmas here straight up have beards its nasty.  Most of the old people when we go and talk to them are really nice and accept us into their homes even if they are of a different religious background.  They just like to talk about the Lord and we will always share a message with them and hopefully our example will one day bring them to the church. Here there are alot of protestant churches- i mean a lot.  They are just these lil rooms and they will open up their doors and you can hear them just scream at the people the whole time its funny. But the biggest church here is probably the catholic church, they have like 3 huge churches here. The church i go to idk if you saw the picture of it but ours is really nice and big. It has a courtyard in the middle of it and its pretty cool. But that is the only big LDS church here that ive seen. The sisters in our area have a really run down church building.
Im loving the food here, its way better than back at home and everyone feeds me so much because i will eat everything. Mom you would be proud, i eat my onions and tomatoes hahaha. But i forgot to tell you what else they serve with their food that's called cuzcuz.  Its this yellow ground corn powder idk how to descibe it but i hated it at first and now i love it. 
The crazy member guy-yesterday fed us and it was his birthday so he had so much food prepared for us i about exploded. Here in Brazil lunch is the biggest meal.  I'm like the only one in my house who will eat breakfast and dinner everyday. I have my egg sandwich in the morning with crackers and roman noodles or these hamburger things for dinner. I'm starting to try and not drink so much soda. I only will at the members house's. If it weren't for that i would be shredded right now haha!  I'm going to get kidney stones soon I'm sure.
Oh, dad theres this dessert here called Acai, its freaking amazing! You would be addicted. I wanna bring it back to america and sell it but its weird cause the first time everyone eats it they hate it. I remember i thought it tasted like straight up dirt. But now its better than anything I've ever had, it probably has drugs in it haha! They serve it with condenced milk, milk power, bananas, m&ms and granola.


Sorry i only emailed like nothing last week i had no time and everyone wanted to leave. But last Pday was so fun, it rained so hard. We ran around and then after chilled in hammocks the rest of the day. We also played some basketball. The weeks here are going by fast.  Sometimes i catch myself slacking because I'm so tired after a long day but last night I stayed up all night studying Preach my Gospel and writing notes. I think it was because i got my first two baptisms.



 
 It was a really cool experience. The boys both choose me to baptize them and their baptism was alot better than the last baptism I went to. There was like a million people at the church and they had a message and a song just how i remember it. I was a lil nervous but not really.  My first one was William he's 11 yrs old and a cool kid. His mom really supports us and hopefully we can baptize her too. She always has a bunch of questions for us. Then I baptized Ivan and i had to redo him twice cause i couldnt pronounce his name right. Brazilians have the longest names ever, but it was all good. Ivan is 14 and a neighbor to William.  
 
Its alot better to get friends to be baptized cause they will stay in the church.  His mom is a member but doesn't come because she has a baby and is really poor and has to support the family which sucks but shes such a funny lady.  She helped us so much getting her son ready to be baptized. She was like my son needs the Lord in his life all he does is play video games and play futball haha. And yesterday when we were waiting for him to shower she was screaming at him and was like- you are really gonna make these men of god wait for you? ahahaha!!
We were suppose to have 3 baptisms but our other one, Marcus had a problem with coffee.  He should have passed the interview but our zone leader is super strict to all the rules.  Like the other day some lil girl was giving all of us hugs and he straight up stiff armed her?! Its super hard for people here to quit coffee cause coffee is so big here and Marcus said he was going to stop but he drinks 2-3 cups a day and i dont expect him to go cold turkey and stop all of it so me and my comp were pretty bummed but he will be baptized next week.
I feel like i realize and understand more and more stuff in the gospel each day.  I was reading that talk- The Blueprints to our Church and it honestly opened my eyes so much. I'm still trying to finish the BoM. It's hard with everything going on but ill finish it soon.

The truck looks bad holy crap!!! Can't believe a blown tire would do that much damage.  Tell josh and gavin thanks for writing me even if it was just a sentence hahah!  Transfers are next week and i think im going to get a new comp, so i hope he's cool.
Well I have to go, I love you all-
Elder Mauter


No comments:

Post a Comment