Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, March 16, 2015

Eiiii,

I got my packages last week!! I got yours mom and the Wolff's, but i didn't get Kim's.  I'm sure ill get it next transfer. I also received all my letters haha!! I got so much, everyone was like- That's how much i received in a year!!  Some letters were from all the way back to christmas that I got just now!! Everything you guys sent me was awesome!!!  The candy went down so fast!!  We also gave a bunch of candy out in church to all the kids. They were so pumped haha and they were all wanting me to bring them more the next day.  So every time they see me they think i have candy on me at all times kkkk.  I've kept all the good stuff for me and my comp though.  Like all the stuff the Wolff's sent.  And the peanut butter!!!  I forgot how good it was. I handed out some of the beef jerky to some of the members yesterday and none of them liked it haha Brazilians are weird.  So me and the other American pounded it and my comp, he likes it to.  Please tell the Wolff's -THANK YOU!!!! Getting their package literally meant so much to me, for them to send me all that stuff-they are Awesome!!!  I'll try to send them a letter through mission ties next week.

Mom, why did you only put sad music on my ipod haha! Don't you know i already have a sad life! This mission wont change me enough to like music like Beethoven and classical musical  stuff hahah!! No, but its funny because i always play that music really loud on my speakers and me and my comp always say 'only crunch music in this house' which is like someone who obeys all the rules! Mom, that language book is perfect its portugal Portuguese.  My comp said i can use it and it actually helps so much- i wish i had it earlier.



Ya, this week wasn't too hot for my Portuguese.  Maybe because i cant hear out of my ear. But I guess thats how the language goes. Thats what the president said -your going to have really good weeks then bad weeks with it. I just have a hard time with my accent because i have a deep voice, so im working on that right now with how to roll my tongue.  It's so hard but i can only roll it with certain words. I've been helping my comp study english this week haha he doesnt know any - but its fun.

This week nothing really happened-we did have a baptism with victorio who is 11 and it turned out well.  We can't get marcos to be baptized so thats really been draging on us this week. But we'll  have another baptism next week with this girl Michele, shes 17 and pretty cool. We found her through some of the girls in our ward and its been pretty easy to teach her because all of her friends that are members, so i hope that goes through.




It's pretty cool to have more time in the mission because I have more responsibility. Like last week i went on splits with a member for the day and then with the new American missionary another day. It was funny because he was freaking out. He's like -dude i don't know how to teach!  I'm glad i really don't get nervous with things like that because its easy for me to talk to people.  I can have normal conversations with the people and talk about normal things and get them to trust me. So then I can teach them what I feel about the gospel. The only hard part right now is the language barrier, but everyone tells me i speak a lot already.



We also had a meeting with the bishop about not being able to have baptisms on sunday and he was like, who ever told you that? So it turned out his counselor lied to us and said the bishop said no haha idk why but its whatever. The bishop told us we can have a baptism any day we wanted as long as it turned out special for the person getting baptized, and thats all i think that matters.

I'm sorry to hear that you were sick all last week mom. I hope you feel better now ill pray for you. But it sounds like you all had fun in McCall with snowboarding, skiing and bike riding-hahah so completely different here.  Just blazing heat!!  My senior pictures turned out good, dang im gato. Mom, can you mail me those and some more recent pics of our family. I like those better to show to the people- like the ones of us shooting guns, mountain biking and of our city please.  Like an overview pic of our city, people like to see that. Well i have to go
Tchau
Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment