Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, March 23, 2015

OIII minha louca familia haha (Hi my crazy family)

This week was good. The weeks are passing by so fast here, so sometimes I have to think of what I did last week because I don’t even remember sometimes! Sounds like everyone is having fun at home! I've read all the letters I got and how is Robbi doing!!? Her ski accident sounds super bad ive been praying for her this week!  She is probably going to have a gnarly scar on her chin!!

Mom I also got a letter from Caroline this week, the girl in my primary class and she makes me laugh so hard still!! She pointed out in her letter that I still haven’t made her a cake like I promised to make her a long time ago so can you please make her a cake and bring it to her class on Sunday and tell her it's from her favorite primary teacher!!!!

I can hear again!!! I can defiantly hear your prayers even for all the little things.  The Lord really does work small miracles- haha because I didn’t do anything to my ear and it was so plugged up and just one day it cleared out.  So that's a blessing I received this week.  Another I received this week was when me and my comp were in the Favelas at night time talking to an inactive members family and the lights went out and we couldn’t see a thing and it got a lil sketchy but I didn’t die! haha even though I don’t think I would because everyone there loves me and my comp. But its crazy sometimes there because I see all the drug deals. They use the little kids to do all the dirty work . So I hope we can teach the kids to want a better life than drugs. 
This week in the Favelas, we were talking to another inactive member family about the life of a missionary and like 12 people were there to listen.  It was crazy, they were all freaking out about all the rules we had, and all the stuff we do and don’t do.  Everyone here thinks that we have girlfriends.  We were like- No we cant have girlfriends and we cant talk to our families.  Only through email once a week and one of the ladies there almost started crying because she felt so bad for us and our families. But it was cool they all had so many questions for us.
Our two baptisms fell through this week. Michele the 16 year old girl, had to work. And then Marcos didn’t get baptized either.  It’s had with Marco’s because he doesn’t go to our ward.  He goes to a different ward like 5 miles away with his girlfriend.  But Yesterday we went to his house and we told him that there were baptisms at 5 o’clock and asked him if he would go and he said he would. We told him we would walk all the way there and wait for him and so we walked there and about half way it started raining so hard.  I don’t know if that rain was from God or Satan, but that really tested me yesterday.  Because Marcos ended up not coming because of the rain, and me and my comp got lost on the way because we have only been there once and we were drenched.  But it all turned out well because the other missionaries in that area had dinner set up with a member and we went and ate cake, sandwiches, juice and hot chocolate and watched Ice Age in Portuguese.  So that was another blessing to a long day.  
I had to use my card today mom. I didn’t have money the whole week. I tried to stick it out but I needed money to use the internet and I bought some food.  They didn’t give us any money last week and we had to pay for our house.  I have to pay 76 reals, and I only get 120 reals and we don’t get reimbursed until we bring our receipts to Natal which is like never for us.  
Ya, I think I understand how you feel now dad with us kids. Because this week I had to deal with one of the kids we baptized in church all day.  He was annoying this older kid, then he wouldn't go to class. Then he wouldn't stop talking in sacrament meeting and then he started hugging this one girl in my ward that's my age and telling her that she's hot and stuff.  He wouldn't let go so I had to carry him out all the way to the bus. Me and my comp’s patience were tried yesterday for sure.  We both were so tired after church. But we had a huge meal and I ate so much haha!!  Everyone else barely eats and I just down the food!! Like if it is there im going to eat it all!! That's another reason everyone loves me, cause I eat everything and I ain't picky haha!! That's something new about me(;


I like the music on my ipod now, it puts me and my comp to sleep at night(; This week was my comps bday so me and Dos Santos threw him a surprise bday party with a cake.  That's another reason I'm broke. But it was really cool because he was telling me his last birthday was terrible and this one was so much better. But this week I went on splits with Dos Santos and helped him teach and I had one of my best lessons.  It was one that I teach every week but this one was different cause I felt the spirit so strong.  And I was able to say what i wanted to say.




Tell Jaycie I'm sorry I didn't see her email because it was marked already read and I just skip over those. But if you are thinking of sending me another package I guess ill tell you what i want haha! A Book of Mormon with D&C and a hymn book all in Portuguese.  I need flip flops, not gay ones.  I like Josh's Reef ones-not slides like i have, mine are falling apart. A Portuguese study book like the one they get in Provo. Its purple and is called The Portuguese verb and Essential grammar book. 
 

com amor (with love)
Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment