Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Christmas Tree in Natal
olá família!!

Hahha mom, dont worry I'm still alive out here in Brazil! Last week the computer house in my area was closed so i didn't get to send an email to you guys because of it. But it was funny to get a call from the mission Secretary telling me that you sent him a worried email.  He actually told me i could use the internet that day but i knew you guys were at the dunes and plus i already marked to visit some people after lunch that day. But i loved the pictures that you guys sent me from the dunes.

Ill try to send you guys some pics of my area because its looking really cool right now with all of the christmas lights up and stuff. I dont walk with my camera here because they say its dangerous and plus my camera is huge haha! I haven't seen anything yet in this area and I've been to all of the dangerous parts here trying to test it jk mom(;. But i know no one will mess with me, I'm too big.

In Natal (which is only 50 miles away) Christmas is a big deal since Natal means Christmas in Portuguese and was named that because it was founded on Christmas day in like 1599.  There is this huge tree put up with a bunch of lights, its pretty cool.  If you want to look it up.

It sounded like everyones quads, dirt bikes, rails, razors broke down at the dunes last week- that sucks. I hope you all can get them fixed quick. Thanksgiving wasn't very cool here hahah. One of my favorite members here was going to make us a big Thanksgiving meal that day but she got called into work so she just gave us money to buy food so we bought some pastels for our big lunch hahha.(Pastels are like empanadas).


 I also bought some ingredients to make cookies which i made later that night and but they didn't turn out too well so i ended up not even trying them when they came out of the oven i just threw them away haha. So if you have a recipe i would be thankful!! But I did make some cookies yesterday after church when we were waiting for lunch that took so long... I almost died of hunger but they turned out well this time i know you would be proud(;


Last week me and my comp have been working hard to find people that are married. So it won't be so hard to  get them ready for baptism. We are determined and working hard this week to find people who are wanting to here our message. I'll tell you how it goes.

Read up about captain Moroni in chapter 48-50. When he is preparing to go to battle with the Lamanites.  Really study and think not only about the battle and how he prepares his armies and cities against the Lamanites but also the significance of how we can prepare ourselves against our trails and tribulations in our life. I'm pretty sure you'll find something cool because thats what I studied yesterday and thought it was really cool. I know not everytime we see what the BoM is trying to teach us, but I can see when I really stop. Every time after I read I think and pray i can find something interesting and spiritual that I can put in my life. 

I loved hearing from all of you guys this week. haha thats funny that those girls said that about me mom.  But mom you better be doing your job and getting me the numbers of some pretty girls for when I come home!!

But I'll  keep all of you guys in my prayers. I love you guys. Pray that me and my comp can find people to teach here so we can finish out this transfer strong, these last 2 or 3 weeks. 


Love Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment