Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Burning shirt to mark 1 year 
Feliz Natal Família!!!! 

This week went by super fast! I was transferred and now I'm in a trio with two other zone leaders Elder Silva that's from Sao Paulo with 1yr and 6months and Elder Queroga who's from Argentina and with the same time, but they are two of the best missionaries in the mission. They have strong testimonies and we have been working a ton here in Panatis which is in Natal! Finally I got to leave the interior haha but I know that I will learn alot with them being trained to be a leader. Its only been half a week and I've already learned a ton!
We have a pretty big group to teach here that we found and we got to baptize a kid named Wesley yesterday which was really cool. Actually a 16yr old recent convert received the priesthood and got to baptise him! Its so cool to see the miracles in our work here and how strong the testimonies of these recent converts develop so quickly and they are so excited to do the work of the Lord! This 16 yr old Daniel was baptised 3 weeks before and has already baptized 3 of his friends passing references to the missionaries. But this Sunday was his actual first baptism that he did. He was pretty nervous about memorizing the name of Wesley haha but he did good! Last week we also had 7 people go to church with us, the parents of Wesley who are divorced and the dads girlfriend. Wesley's mom is pretty cool, I got to talk to her alot and she liked going to church alot last week. It was her first time but the dad and his girlfriend don't talk too much but they are cool people. We are hoping to teach them and I'm sure it will take a lot of time and work but we are up for it! We also have been teaching a girl named Ana. She is super cool and we are preparing her to be baptised this week, shes 14 yrs old. We are going to help her uncle prepare to receive the priesthood so he can baptize her. He has a few things he needs to work on for this to happen so it would be good if you guys could pray for her and her uncle Celestino!!

But the coolest part of my week is that we have been teaching 4 deaf people. One is Ana's brother and the other 3 are his friends and they are 20+ yrs old. They are all super cool. Last week when we met with them they were joking with me saying that they saw me in a boxing movie hahah. Ana knows sign language so she translates for us and we are going to learn some signing too. I know a couple of things like "nice to meet you" and how to say "I'm from the USA" and baptism! So if you see us in pics making a thumbs up but side ways this means baptism! Two of them got to go to church this week and they really liked it. It was a miracle that we have a member in our ward that knows sign language so he was able to be with them translating the whole day.

Last week was also pretty cool, me and my comps went around caroling to our investigators which I didn't like to do before but it was pretty cool as a missionary haha! We did pretty good, we had people crying and laughing at us but it was a pretty cool turn out! I can really see the blessing's of the Lord in our work here, pray for my investigators and try to be better each day.           

eu te amo e estou animado pra ver vocês esta semana!!! 

Elder Mauter 


No comments:

Post a Comment