Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, December 14, 2015

December 14, 2015

e aí!!!  (Translated "what's up!!!")
I got the package you sent me last week at the mission conference, but i only got one of them! But hahha its a lil too late now mom you should have told me not to open the stuff because I already opened everything!! Thank you so much!!! haha me and my comp were laughing at all of the stuff you put in my package. I liked you creativity with the Christmas tree haha and with those Christmas tree scents. I put all of them up in my room. It was pretty good timing because our house was starting to smell a ton.. but thank you for the cool ties and the games, like Jenga. I think every night since I've played this outside with my neighbors because they don't have this game here.  It's so hot here now, feel like I'm playing ball but I like it.  I don't think ill need anymore socks or pants mom i still have a bunch i haven't even used yet i think ill start giving my old pairs away cause i have like 5 i haven't used yet. 
Catholic Square in my area

My comp doesn't like to do anything in the house but i laid into him this week because it was getting annoying he's a cool kid but lazy.. but its all good transfers are this week idk what will happen I'm pretty sure I'll leave this area but a part of me doesn't want to go. Yesterday at church the Bishop asked me to bear my testimony because I told him ill probably be leaving this week so it was a cool experience and i was glad i was able to share maybe my last testimony and gratefulness for this ward that I have really learned so much from. The Bishop also said a few words about me after i spoke which was cool and i think he was trying to jinx me because he told me ill stay her for 7 months haha but that was really cool I've never had a Bishop do that for me here!


But last week was pretty busy we had our mission conference Tuesday and our President talked alot about the doctrine of Christ. But this conference was really left up to the missionaries because everyone did a lil skit at the end that took up alot of time. It was super funny because there's this kid that imitates our President perfect and was joking with him about everything he says ha ha. But its cool cause our President likes to joke around alot too. 


Last week we found this really cool girl, she is 18 years old and a friend to one of the members here. We invited her and her cousin to church and they loved it.  I'm pretty sure they will let us teach them more. So that's another reason i want to stay. 

At another missionaries house having to use Tupperwear
to drink and a spatula to eat with cause there is
 usually nothing in the missionary houses haha

That's cool that you guys went Christmas caroling on our trailer with the youth last week. I never liked doing that, but it seems like you old people do! Did Gavin end up helping in the activity or did he bail out?  Gavin those pic's of your jumps look sick! Your getting some big air now! i showed all the Brazilians I'm with right now and they don't believe me that was my brother haha! 


Last week since it was my one year anniversary in the mission I burned one of my shirts to mark this.  But I forgot my camera at home so ill send you the pic next week! Freeeak Robbi got engaged! They better wait another 11 months haha. I hope Grandpa does well in his treatment. I'll ask my comp to pray for him too this week and I hope finals go well for everyone too haha good luck!


But love you guys


Elder Mauter





December 7, 2015

UM ANO!!!!!!!  (Translated ONE YEAR!!!!!)

I've finally made it to the last page in my calendar. I remember when you were writing my one year mark at home mom and i was thinking wow it'll take forever to get to that point but it has literally passed so fast. If i find time ill try to write those things you wanted me to write down in my journal. I have literally been slacking writing down what happens in my day every night so just be prepared when i get home cause there wont be a lot.  You can just read my emails over again if you want hahah! 

Last week went by pretty fast and I got burnt a ton by the sun cause its just getting hotter out here. But we are working a ton out here with the leaders to help build up the faith and desire of the members in our ward.  We have been passing by the Bishops house alot to give him ideas and he also gives us some and i have really seen a difference just in our friendship and trust we have with the Bishop. I can also see this because his wife will always  cook us something(;   But yesterday we also wrote up a pretty sweet plan to get this ward started up with activities and stuff but I'm pretty sad because i think ill leave in a couple weeks and these activities wont start until next transfer. But I know the work will continue, so i hope everything turns out well! 
These ladies have always given me free
 hamburgers and hot dogs ever since I've 
been here.

We have worked really hard in this area and I think i know everyone here... but tomorrow we are going to have our mission conference so that will give me a boost to finish out this transfer strong.  But everything is going good here just no baptisms but we have found people to teach. Thank you guys for fasting and praying for me and my comp it really means alot I know the Lord is blessing us because of you guys.  I'm glad that party went well mom and all of the girls liked it! Dang i see Gavin, hes starting to get some big air now haha but still looks like he needs to hit the gym or eat some more McDonald's haha!!! But i have to go my comp is being annoying and trying to leave so ill talk to you guys next week love ya!

Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment