Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, December 28, 2015

Feliz Natal De Novo!! (Merry Christmas again!)

It was super sweet to talk to you guys on Christmas, even though it was super hard to speak English hah, I need to practice my English more with my comps. You guys looked so good and I'm glad that everyone came like Raejeane, the Southwick's and the Neal's. It meant a lot and wished I could have talked more. 


Ha ha mom I want to talk like a Brazilian before I come home but its pretty hard I want to try to lose it in my last 11 months but we'll see. Last week we had another baptism. I don't have the photos but another Elder has them he has to send them to me so I can send them to you guys! But he is a really cool kid his name is Julio and he really likes me. He's always sticking around me and talking to me its funny. This week we also have a lot more baptisms so I'll send you some pics next week. We brought 8 people to church and we also have a standard in the mission like how many lessons we need to teach, new people we need to find and things like that. We doubled it last week and we are definitely seeing the blessings from this. We set a goal at the beginning of last week to do this because it was the week of Christmas, so we knew it would be hard to get people to come to church and to teach people but it worked out for us. We actually had like 20 something people tell us they would come but only 8 came. 

We have been teaching an older lady, Laura. She is 87 yrs old and only has one working eye. Her working eye starting to hurt and she almost went to the hospital on Sunday instead of going to church.  But we promised her that if she went to church her eye would stop hurting and it did. This really showed how powerful our calling's are.  Like it promises in the scriptures that we have this power as representatives of Christ and that he wont let us promise false blessings! This week we are planning to baptise Laura, Julius Cesar, Lucas, Kawan, Italo and maybe a few more.  So I ask you guys if you can pray for them so that they can be baptised this week!

It's raining a ton here right now so we weren't able to do anything today but we did play volleyball and basketball in the morning.  But there isn't that much to say just pray for my week to be successful because it gets crazy here for the New Year.  It will be even harder for us, but I'll also pray for you guys! 

Eu the amo e ter um feliz ano novo! (I love you and Happy New Year!)


And mom I fixed my retainer with super glue! So don't worry about sending another one.

Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment