Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Ola Fam!

Last week was a good one. We are working with alot of people but most of them need to be married so that makes it difficult. We got a new reference from a member in our ward this week, Dos Anjos.  She lost her child 3 years ago and then saw someone got shot outside of her house recently. Because where she lives its really dangerous.  She said this just reminded her of everything with losing her child. We went there the first time with a member who knows her.  We really listened to her for a long time.  It was crazy and it really made me realize how easy my life has been and about how important my job is here. We taught her the plan of salvation. It turned out perfect.  She also asked us why we have so many churches today. We came back another day to teach her the restoration and it went really well. We do have some difficulties with her though. It's just that this woman loves to talk your ear off. When we are trying to give her a lesson she will just talk about random things and talk over you -haha. My comp had to tell her pretty much to stop talking because we were there to help her. She ended up being quite the rest of the lesson haha and we got her to go to church on Sunday. 

João the guy we have been teaching has a health problem where every morning and night he has to take a depression pill that makes him sleepy.  Its difficult to get him to church. He's a super cool dude and he is super relaxed all the time. I could defiantly see that the lord blessed his health last week because he had so much more energy he said. The other day when were teaching him he gave a pamphlet of the plan of salvation to a friend and he explained it to her. It was cool to see this but President doesn't want to baptize him yet because of this problem. He wants him to continue in the church which I can understand.

Saturday night me and my comp got a call at 9 o'clock and were told 2 people that were suppose to talk in church dropped out. So I had to give a 15 min talk haha but it went good. Me and my comp were wanting the opportunity to talk and help remind the members about missionary work.  So we got our chance but we had no time to prepare a lot for this but that's the life of a missionary!  I shared dads conversion story about his friend who was always a good example to him in school and how that prepared him for when the time came to hear the gospel. I don't even know how I remembered that. It literally came to me as I was sitting there before my talk. 

Didn't you say that you got those Ohio state champion shirts? If you have one send me one.  But i cant think of anything else I really need. Just send little stuff that i can give as presents to the people here from the U.S. I fixed my memory card finally.  A guy told me to put all my pictures on a pin drive and then delete them on my camera every time i take 100 pictures so it wont do that again.

But i love you guys. I forgot my funny stories this week but I'm sure ill remember them in a lil. We are going to go on a trail hike today.

Amo Vocês 

Elder Mauter





No comments:

Post a Comment