Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Whats up fam bam!!

So this week went by so fast! Parnamirim feels like such a different place because it stays like 85 all the time and sometimes it will rain in the morning.  It's not as painful to work in the afternoon like it was in my last area because of the heat. Plus we are always working so time just goes by faster.

Ya mom me and my comp have been eating and drinking the coconut milk a ton. The inside isnt that good but sometimes I'll eat it and we still have a ton in our fridge. We don't really eat tapioca a lot.  We get it sometimes its good i like it. Its pretty much flour then you put some cheese in it or you can put meat too if you want. But about the jello i dont think they like it that much.  I've only eaten it once here but you wanna know what they love is beans rice and chicken(; no but i eat this dessert called moose. Its condensed milk and a package of tang of whatever flavor that you want.

So my package arrived back home. Dang that stinks that you have to send it again- but ya everything in there seems good. Add some tweezers, mine broke.  Did you talk to the orthodontist about what Im supposed to do about my overbite?  I only have 5 trays left and then my 2 final ones for at night.  What retainers? Also put a couple one dollar bills in the package too. I can trade them with missionaries here for stuff and plus its cool to show people.

But dang everyone is growing up back home-haha! Thats sick about Dillion's Jeep, i wanna see a picture of it.

This week we have been working with this man João, who we made contacts with on the street. He's 47yrs old living alone. He's a really relaxed guy. We got him to go to church yesterday and marked him to be baptized next Sunday and he accepted!

We are also working with this other guy that is 37, we call him my friend in english because he always calls us that haha. But he's a cool guy. Its just that he isn't married and is living with a lady thats 46. He smokes a lil but he wants to quit.  He doesn't want to get married because he already got married once and it didn't  go right. So this week we have really been straight up with him and showing him how big of a sin it is to do this stuff we got him to go to church yesterday an he liked it but we are going to have to work with him alot more.

The other 2 girls that we were working with didnt go so we are going to pass by there and see what happened and if they don't have a good reason we are going to cut them, but we will see.

Yesterday we met these two cool kids while we were walking in the street. Me and my com heard this girl speaking a lil bit of english so I came up to them and asked her how long she has been studying. She said only for a year but she knows a couple of things. The other kid already went to church a couple of times and said he will go again. I told them I can help them with their english and time because I already taught in Mossoró.

But other than this we've been working with this young inactive couple too and helping them get back to church. Its just hard for them because the husband works every day.

But everyday I have been here I've had dinner haha and sometimes 2 times because sometimes we'll be passing by and theyll have food and invite us and I can't deny it haha. I had a cool experience with those 2 ladies at that hotdog stand. The one lady has been reading and praying alot and she had a dream of someone in white talking to her but she forgot what happened.. so pay attention to your dreams. I've only learned this in my mission becasue no one told me this before. But its just hard for them because they work everyday too and her husband is in the army so it makes it really difficult.

Love you guys.  I think we are going to the beach and I will take pics later. We are going to call President and see if he will let us.
Elder Mauter


No comments:

Post a Comment