Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, September 21, 2015

Fammm!

Last week flew by fast, it was a good one and also a bad one. So ill give you guys the bad news first.  So this week we had Dos Anjos ready to be baptised on Sunday. We had everything set up but then Saturday we got a call from her and she told us that after we left Friday her husband got into a big fight with her and told her that she can't be baptized in our church and if we passed by in their house he would fight with us. She told us that she knows the church is true and that she has been searching her whole life to find the peace and spirit she feels there. So I almost went over there to fight this guy last week but I kept my cool and we are going to give it time and prayer.So after this day we were pretty bummed and mad. But turned this into our favor Sunday because we brought 7 people to church with 2 families who have babies (but that doesnt count) and 2 girls. It was really cool.

Me and my comp got sick after lunch on Saturday.  There was a ward activity where there was swimming, volleyball, soccer and a barbecue.   But me and my comp couldn't do anything but just watch everyone.  All the youth were joking with us and we just told them to wait until they serve missions haha. They didn't cook the meat well enough or something and so that night we spent the night in the bathroom and when I woke up I looked and felt like death. But I made it to church. I took some medicine and drank some coke and I'm already felling better. Later that day we had a missionary work devotional or activity with the youth.  We also got 3 investigaters to that meeting  also. After the meeting all three of them told us they want to be baptized.  So will work with that.

I don't know what will happen with transfers this week. My Portuguese is good but I still have an accent that I'm trying to get rid of. It's hard because i have a thick voice and I have an accent from Sao Paulo also because pretty much all of my comps are from there and I just picked it up. I'm trying to learn more words and that book that mom sent me will help. I don't have time to study the language a lot cause we study Preach My Gospel, BoM and the Bible everyday.  So I'm really just learning by talking everyday and Im helping my comp learn english too. 

Something funny that happened this week. You know 'my son' that I have here that always calls me dad?  Well this week he was asking me where mom is? I was like, I don't know her yet, your going to have to help me out with that. So later that week we were at his house teaching a girl that we always teach there and that kid started calling her mom. He told me that he's going to marry us right now and when we left that day he was yelling at me to kiss her hahha! Me and my comp died laughing.
I love you guys. Thanks for all the support.

Te Amo

Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment