Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, September 14, 2015

Ola família!!

This last week we worked a bunch teaching people and passing by members homes to get them more involved in the work. Yesterday I got a call from some of the members in Mossoró(my first area). It was really cool to talk to those people that I haven't seen in a while.

Last week wasn't a good one for Dos Anjos because she was visiting her daughter and then when she got back she had to work a ton because her husband is lazy and doesn't do anything. So Sunday we didn't baptize her because when she works late she stays there to sleep.  Where she lives its dangerous and she doesn't want to get killed on her way home at night. She tried getting home before church but wasn't able to. So we'll get her this week. Shes a really cool lady and she doesn't talk that much anymore so its even better. She had a response from God that changed my mission when she visited the church.


This week we were visiting the lady we gave the blessing to and she has been getting so much better with her thoughts and about religion. Especially when we started visiting her regularly. Because she just had surgery she cant come to church yet. We've also been working with her sons, one of them victor we actually met in the street a while back riding a skate board.  He's super cool and he was actually baptized in the church but never received the Holy Ghost. This was 6 years ago he said. He said he never went back to church because he didnt know how to get there. All the times he went there before he always was taken in a car. Victor also has a girlfriend and we have been teaching her and we taught them about the restoration and gave them the Book of Mormon and 2 pamphlets to read. The next day we saw them they had read both pamphlets and a lot of the BofM and she told us that she knows everything to be true. Me and my comp kinda were in shock when she said this and looked at each other speechless hahaha cause this doesn't ever happen!  The other day she brought her friend and me and my comp split up so he could teach one and me the other so they didn't have to listen to the same lessons twice.  I've never met kids my age like this wanting to know the truth about things.  So this was a really cool experience. They weren't able to go to church this week because they already marked something for this Sunday but next Sunday they said they will come.

Today we are going to Natal with some members from our ward because they want to play basketball with me. So today will be pretty cool. Last Pday president didn't answer his phone so we didn't get permission to go to the beach but we got to go on this cool trail in the dunes.  Next Pday  I'll send some pics.

Also last week one of that ladies that we are teaching has a boy who is 10 yrs old and has some mental problems. But I think I won a son because every time we show up there he always comes up to me and calls me dad and calls my comp uncle Bobby hahah!  Its so funny and he always gives me hugs and asks me when I'm going to teach him to play basketball and everything I know. He always asks me if he can do something before he does it and then does everything I say haha.

But I love you guys.  Be safe and don't forget who you are!
Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment