Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, February 16, 2015

Opa Familia, 

Sorry i dont have that much time today to email. None of the stores are open because of carnival. So Carnival is where everyone just parties and get super drunk.  So all ive been seeing all week are all the parties and the people here love to play loud music.  It's funny they will put massive subwoofer’s in the back of their trucks, cars and sometimes trailers haha its loco. We are using a members computer right now and there are like 8 of us trying to email. But mom you think 80 is hot? hahah your crazy haha and you have AC.  AC doesn’t exist here and neither does cool weather. But it did rain today when we were at another missionaries house.  Their house is way nicer than our house.  We took a taxi there and it was raining like crazy.  When we got out we all ran to their house and now im drenched haha but it was so fun. Not much going on this week, hopefully we are going to get two baptisms this week.  William who is 12 years old, i think i mentioned him earlier and a new investigator that we just met.  He’s Gavin's age, and he fights.  He's such a cool kid and hes always super excited to talk to us and also his whole family. Here so many people live together in the same house. 

i talked in sacrament meeting this week. I talked about my decision to serve a mission and also having Faith in Jesus Christ.  I used Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”  I like that scripture.  I also recited the first vision for the first time. Thank-you for sending me that package and stuff.  It’s going to sit in the mission home until next month around the 11th.  i wish i could get it sooner. Mom, send me the address to missionties so i can mail my letters there-not the website. Post the my blog address you did on twitter so everyone can find it, thanks.


I'm so tan now, haha people are starting to believe that I’m a Brazilian.  And everyone thinks you are Brazilian too mom idk why haha! I like it here though.  Please send more pics next time and type more! There are alot of motorcycle’s here. A lot of Honda and Ford cars.  Kind of normal to America just not any big trucks.  There are also a lot of Fiats and Volkswagens. Everyones houses touch each other and they are all really colorful. i definetly slacked this week but I'll make this week better.  How is work and life for you guys? i like hearing about stuff from home.  And yeah, send me some good talks and scripture's that you like they help a lot.
Acting like all the people celebrating Carnival

I have to go, Eu Amo Voces (I love you guys)
Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment