Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

opa familia,
This week sucked, i was sick like the whole week and had to stay inside for two of the days. I slept all day which was nice but id rather feel healthy and go out and do something. Then i drank some of the tap water cause we ran out and it was sunday so we cant go out and buy any so I've had diarrhea ever since. Then i have to wake up like 4 times every night so thats fun. i feel alot better but still dont feel 100%.  Im still super tired during the days and it sucks when every lil kid wants to play basketball  or soccer with me cause i wanna but i feel like junk. And it doesnt help when its freakin hot all the time also. Yeah, mom the sun rises at 5a just blazing and goes down at 5p but thats when it gets nice cause the wind starts to pick up. I started eating eggs in the morning. It's like the only normal thing i have had. Im getting sick of beans and rice everyday. They don't have milk here. I wish i could just have a nice cold glass of milk right now. I heard the Patriots won the SuperBowl.   My neighbor the goofy member came over and rubbed it in my face that he watched it, so i about killed him. 

My companions name is Elder Vieira he's from São Paulo and 20yrs old and has been out for 9 months. So he's  really good already and he is a funny kid.  I'm so glad i didnt get put with some weirdo at first. I live with 2 other Brazilians too and they are really funny also.  One is a really small chubby black kid and the other one is pretty tall. We live in a house kinda if you wanna call it that. 

This week has been hard.  Portuguese is still difficult.  One day I feel I can talk most the day then the next day will be terrible. I went to a baptism for the first time this week. It was different. They didn't do anything special for the kid and it seemed like everyone was rowdy. 

Most the people we visit are very poor.  They give us coke or guadana to drink because its cheaper than water.  I feel bad accepting anything from these people, but they are always happy to share with us.

Everyone here thinks I'm a celeberty so if you are american everyone freaks out because my comp says not alot of americans get sent to this part of the mission. So I guess I'm special. 

We were inviting people to go to church and  on Saturday we were talking to like 4 girls, 15-18yrs about going and they were killing me with questions it was crazy. All of them were talking at once and then more and more girls started to show up and talk to me so it ended up being like 9. We invited all of them to church and i wrote my name and my comps on the pass along card to maybe give them an incentive to go. But none of them actually went even though they were all promising me they would. None of the people we invited ended up going to church that day and it sucked cause me and my comp wake up super early to walk all that way to pick them up. And no one was there so that made me mad. We teach alot of kids here not really older people. Kids are just easier and we started talking to this one kid that we play soccer with and his family.  So hopefully that goes well. Nothing else this week much. My comp is leaving to a leadership meeting tomorrow so i will have a new comp for one day.  So we will see how that goes.  
Love, Elder Mauter 
mom send me my backpack. We can use them. Plus my back freaking hurts from the side bag.  Send jerky, peanut butter, and like air heads, jolly ranchers.

No comments:

Post a Comment