Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, September 26, 2016

August 22, 2016
rosas dos ventos
my new and last area!! 
So last week was pretty crazy because of transfers. I was transferred to a neighborhood called Rosas dos Ventos in Parnamirim and called to be the new zone leader here with elder Benito. If you remember Parnamirim was my 3rd area in the mission but last time I was here I was serving downtown and actually last time I was here I did a division for a week in the area that I’m at now.  So i know some of the people here which is cool. So last week before I got here we got the call that I would be transferred after lunch so we went around saying tchau to everyone here which was difficult and showing my son(the companion I trained) what he's going to be doing when his new comp gets there. 

When I got into my new area we went around getting to know everyone and the next day we had a zone meeting with our new zone so that everyone can get to know each other and so that we can pass our vision to them of what we want to accomplish this transfer. I can already see that this transfer will be alot busier now because i will be following up with 22 missionaries every day other than 6 which I was doing before haha. So wish me luck! 

Last week my new comp already had a baptism marked for that week, Leonidas who is 16 but he injured his foot the day before his baptism so we had to remark it for this week. We still wanted to teach someone so we were at a ward activity and found a bunch of young men that we thought were members but they actually have been visiting the church a ton without anyone talking to them thinking they were also members. We started teaching a bunch of them and ended up baptizing João Paulo whose 14. It was good that we found him because his family was having a bunch of difficulties between themselves. We found out that his grandpa was letting his dad use his house while he got back on his feet and until he found a job. It turned out that his dad wasn't even looking to find a job and also spending a lot of money on useless stuff.  So his grandpa was going to kick his family out of his house. We were able to talk to João paulos grandpa who was pretty mad when he found out and was telling us that he was going to kill him. It was good we were there to calm him down! But thats all for this week I need to send some paper work to the secretary right now so i got to go! 
Love,
Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment