Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Friday, January 16, 2015


Oi Familia!!

Woow my next email to you guys I'll be in Natal, that'll be crazy!  I'm really excited but then again a lil nervous cause the people in Natal speak the fastest I hear. That's gonna be tough.  I'm gonna miss all my friends in the CTM. 

Me and Orton have been talking about leaving since day one.  But now that it's here we are not as excited as we were.  So leaving here is defiantly going to be a hard one for me.  But it's easy for me to make new friends and most of the foreigners are the funniest - so I'm not really worried about getting a native comp - I actually hope I do.  One of the Brazilians here was trying to buy me a T-shirt yesterday, it was weird. hahah
       
 I'm not even close to finishing the BofM, because we really don't have that much free time. At night my district and another district just talk all night and that's the only time when I could.
         
We have this kid from Georgia in our zone and he is a straight redneck, southern kid with a huge southern accent.  He's such a funny kid.  He always hangs with me and Orton rather than his comp.

I really like my new comp he's so funny.  He has these weird guessing games that will blow your mind.  We always play them with everyone.  So I'll play them with you guys when I get home.  It's fun to play if you understand the game because it's so obvious but so hard to figure out if you don't.  I hated him so much when I didn't know.
      
Nothing really is happening here this week.  The language is coming good.  I can hold a decent convo with someone.  But it's annoying because the books they give us are wrong sometimes.  So you'll say something you learned from the book and then the instructor will have to correct the book.....so I'm gonna try and find a verb book out on the street today.

But the CTM experience here in Sao Paulo sounds so much better than going to Utah.  Idk if I told you guys, but on P-days we get to leave the CTM and walk around Brazil, eat and chill outside.  You can't do that at Provo!
        
Sounds like a lot of crazy things have been happening back home. Gavin hit the BMW with the Honda?  Kim's cabin had a fire? That's insane! Let me know how everything goes.

Tell me who got hurt on the basketball team, probably Amir.  Sorry nothing cool this week to write about.  I'll have something cool next week. I'm gonna try to work hard out there.
Oh, last week we had this sister- I don't know if i told you guys about this - but she was in our district and i guess she had her mission call for a long time. But got diagnosed with MS and then she got better.  So she decided to go on her mission again. When she got her yellow fever shot like a week before she came out here - it just sparked her MS really bad. She couldn't use her arm to move and stuff so they decided to send her home after 4 weeks out here. But during that 4 weeks we gave her a blessing and she was better than she had ever been she said.  But they made her go home anyway. It was another real eye opener because she really wanted to serve a mission but she couldn't. So I should take this opportunity for gratitude.  I'm so grateful for you guys and for friends and home. I feel like the Lord has really put people in my life to help me and i wouldn't want anyone else.
          eu amo voces -Elder Mauter 

No comments:

Post a Comment