Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, July 25, 2016

bora lá!!!!
New President Colleoni and his wife Tania from Sao Paulo

hahha mom I think youre getting too trunky at home. Don't worry time will fly im sure! But thanks for the birthday package. I hope I will get it this thursday at our zone conference! 

Last week we went back at it working hard trying to find more people to tea


ch and to baptize. We were teaching a young girl last week. Her name is Jamilly, and she is super cool and wants to know about the church! She was super interested after our lesson on the plan of salvation and wanted to understand what will happen with us and our families after this life. We were also able to teach her mom and they both accepted to be baptized! So this week we'll baptize Jamilly and then her mom after hopefully. We hope to be able to teach Jamilly's dad this week too. We are also teaching Victoria, Jó Jó and Lucas from a different family. They all accepted to be baptized but we went to talk to their mom for her permission and she said she would talk to them more about this but we still havent been able to get back with her. We are worried cause their grandparents always try to kick us out of their house. I hope this doesnt effect them.

We also had a funny experience last week. When we were leaving our house on our way into our area. A drunk man called us over so we could talk to him. He wanted to talk to us because he went to church last week and his pastor had told him bad stuff about our church. He told this man if a Mormon enters your house we'll steal his stuff. He told us that he's never seen a Mormon stealing his stuff (he didnt have anything in his house to steal if we wanted to-haha). This gave us a little motivation for our day haha. This man kept telling us that we need to keep working and doing the Lords work. He told us he was going to go talk to his pastor and call him some bad words that i dont think ill repeat here. But we told him that he shouldnt do that. 
Brazilian BBQ

Also, last week me and my comp literally did the best prank in the world! But it  almost went really wrong. We pranked the two other elders who live in our house. One of the elders in our house always talkes about how tough he is and what he would do if someone broke into our house. So one day last week when we got home a little early we thought we would do something to them.  We made the house look like it was robbed. We threw the chairs and suitcases on the ground making it look like our house had been robbed. We didnt put much thought into it because we left our cameras on our desks, haha. But it didnt matter because when they got home the elder that talks alot opened the door and saw that there were chairs and suitcases on the ground and it was looking like someone had robbed our house. He took off running and screaming that he saw someone all the way to a members house haha. We didnt see this because me and my comp were hiding behind the house.  We thought they were in the house and our prank didn't work because they were calling my phone. I didnt answer until i saw that a member was calling me and thats when it struck me that they weren't home.  She told us not to go home because we had been robbed and then she

passed the phone to the missionary who was freaking out telling me that he was headed back home to see what happened. I told him no, dont do that but he hung up and left. I called the member back again and told her it was a joke and she laughed a ton but then ran after the Elder because she saw her son who is huge was going back with the him plus some of the neighbors were coming to our house.  That Elder told them that he saw someone in the house. One of the neighbors grabbed a gun which he can't have, and one had a knife and the members son had a baseball bat. When they got to our house they were banging on the door but luckily the member I called, she got there and told them that it was all just a joke hahhaha we laughed so much at this. 


But yeah, the next time we email I'll be 20:/ 

But to answer your question, I've been in almost all the zones except for the Natal zone. So I think I'll go there the next transfer to finish my mission but idk. But yeah I'm trying to eat more. Me and my zone leader wake up everyday early to workout. He is going home in 3 weeks and his comp is lazy so I hope it helps me gain some weight! But have a good week. Love,
Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment