Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, June 13, 2016

When everything goes wrong...
Well this week me and my comp really focused on trying to find new people to teach and to have more people in the sacrament meeting. I talked with the elders in my house about giving me part of their area that they aren't working in. This area is right behind the church and has some strong members living there. It's a perfect area for finding investigators and for them to stay strong in the church because it is so close to the members homes and because of the support of the members there. We ended up having alot of success at the beginning of the week finding people.

Last week at the church they celebrated Festa Junina. It's like a Brazilian hoedown if you want an idea. It’s also a festival for the end of the rainy season in the northeast. It gives people the opportunity to give thanks for the rain. They dance like if they were cowboys and dress up with hats and flannels and play forró a popular type of music here in the north of Brazil. I don't really like it, its kinda weird. But it had a really good turn out with lots of people that aren’t members. We went around making contacts and grabbing addresses all night which helped out a ton. The next day we went around to these houses to invite these people to church. We had a lot of people who committed to go at 8 and 9 o'clock  so we were pretty pumped. But it turned out on Sunday morning when we went to wake everyone up to go to church no one would go. Then in 2 houses some grandmas tried arguing with us telling us what we do isn’t of God. So I got pretty irritated with one of them because my day was already going bad and the fact I had to wake up early for that.

But with a bad week its good to look back and see the blessings in my mish that I have received. I know every week can’t be great and sometimes God likes to test his servants when they are prospering. This is so we can remember and be grateful for all the works of the Lord in our lives.  I really have noticed this in my mish that when times are perfect and then we sometimes end up forgetting to see this if a lot of time passes. It’s like getting sick, because when your suffering you remember how great it was not to be sick and you only want that feeling again. But I know this week will be alot better. Pray for us. Egor wasn't baptized last week because he left town for this holiday at the last minute. 

But, yeah I've heard about the cavs and golden state its 3 to 1 neh? I want Lebron to win so I’m pretty mad. But I heard he is destroying but so is Curry. But thats all for this week love you guys 
Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment