Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Thursday, April 21, 2016


Transfer week!!
So this week is transfers idk what will happen I'm actually wanting to change some things up. I've only been here 3 months but it feels like forever. I like it here so we'll see what happens. This week it rained a ton here so we were always stopped under a tree or something waiting for it to pass. Also, this week me and my comp spent a day in the other Elders area to help them out and make some contacts. That was nice because i feel like i have talked to everyone in my area and its nice to change things up sometimes. 

This week we also focused alot more on our recent converts and menos (any less) active members who are in our area.  We got to know a really cool guy who is 26 yrs old this week and we are excited to begin teaching him.

There is a sickness passing through here from the mosquito's and everyone is getting it. Everyone who we were teaching was sick by the end of the week.  I've been alright i haven't picked up anything. 

The last two days here there has been a lot of protest's against the government. They have been trying to impeach the Brazilian President Dilma Rousseft. It seems like most of the people didn't like her and they have been trying to impeach her since I got here and finally last night at like 11:30 pm she finally was. There were fireworks and people screaming and cheering like crazy in our apartment building -haha.

This  morning we woke up at like 4 o'clock to hike up a mountain here that has a statue of christ at the top and took some sweet pics of the district for the last time. Mom, send me the pictures that you blew up I want to see the ones you picked. And haha you are more trunky than me mom. But happy 25th wedding anniversary! 
But i got to get going!
Amo Vocês!
Elder Mauter

No comments:

Post a Comment