Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Ola,
I almost died....
Joel thought I was going to drown him during the baptism-so us laughing.
Last week was pretty busy! So Tuesday we went to the leadership counsel in Natal. It was really cool to hear about how our mission is growing all of the numbers and what we can do to better it as a mission in our zones. One of the new temples that was just announced to be built in Belem Brazil at General Conference my mission President had bought the land where it will be built. So one of the things that was asked in our counsel was what could we do to have President Soares buy the land here in Natal for a temple. We ended up finding out that we are super close to be getting a new temple! Our president told us that usually there needs to be 5 stakes in the area. We already have 4 and in my zone Sousa we are the closest district to being able to become a stake. So that gave us a huge boost to do more work in our zone to make this happen. We also got to hear a really powerful testimony from President Soares about this work and how special it will be to one day hear that they will build a temple in a mission where we all worked so hard to earn. I'm so glad to have him as a President here. It's really going to be sad when he leaves in 2 transfers. 

But last week we were working a lot with some of the people that we have been teaching and helping them go to church and to do the things that we were asking them to do. But we saw that a lot of things were working against them. That young couple that we were teaching after dating for four years broke up and a bunch of people got sick. We didn't have the results we wanted but we understand that sometimes this will happen and that we will work to do better this week!

But I bet you are asking yourself why I said I almost died hahah. So me and Elder Calvacante in my house found out last night that Elder Zundel in our house is dead afraid of crickets and we found a huge cricket outside our house yesterday and brought it inside. This kid is taller than me just so that you guys know. But I have never seen a kid so big run so fast. It was so funny and he ended up grabbing a knife! hahahaha

But that was my week. Ya mom I got the package, thank-you for everything in it. The peanut butter I have been eatting it every single day so far. I've never missed something so much! And the Easter card I got that you forgot to send last Easter but didn't work out haha made me feel 
better because when I read it you said "You have 4 months down!" But now I have 1 yr and 4 months down haha! I'll send some pic's.
amo vocês
Elder Mauter





No comments:

Post a Comment