Elder Spencer Mauter

Elder Spencer Mauter

Monday, December 22, 2014

December 19, 2014

Como via familia! (whats up)

This place is a legit prison.  I wish you guys could read my first three days of my journal entries, haha!  Looking back at it now, its funny because of how much I have changed.  My first three days were rough.  I literally had the worst time and hated my life.  But it's so much better because I have had a change of heart and probably because  my companion is super chill.  Me and Elder O--- are literally the same person.  It's funny, he's someone that I will hangout with when I get home.  Me and him have contemplated running away, but we didn't mom cause I love you!

The days we have are like 16 hours of nonstop studying, it's terrible.  It's so hard to focus and plus being in a way different environment. But I'm fine now. Pray for me that I'll learn Portuguese because this language is hard and the instructors are only allowed to speak Portuguese-so you sit there and have no clue what is going on.  But my instructor is super chill- he's like 22 or like Chase's age.  We teach 2 investigator's a day and will work up to three a day, that'll be fun.

I know now that they actually put a lot of thought into where they send their missionaries, because I would be having such a bad time if I was in a different district.  We are all like the same kids and plus some of the kids here are really goony and look twelve.  My other comp Elder B--- thinks he tore his mcl in physical activity when me and him were going up against each other for a tip in volleyball.  That's why you don't go up against me....but I feel bad, I don't want that to happen to anyone.

They give us like no time to email, only 45minutes - If you guys could sign up for missionties.com and send me mail there- it'll be a lot better.  Because then I can actually write a lot more and read letters throughout the week and feel like I'm love so tell everyone!!

(PS from Spencer's mom- We signed up for an account under missionTies.com-its a monthly fee.  If you want to send your letter through our account email us your letter at jsmauter@cox.net and we will attach it. They print these emails  and put them in the missionary's mailboxes daily.  He only has computer time one day a week for just 45min.  He says its hard to read all his emails and respond.  keep the letters emails coming he loves them!)

Today will be my Pday(preparation day) so every friday in the CTM.

We get to call home on Christmas at 12:30pm here so idk what time that is in Arizona so just be ready.  There maybe a lil tears, haha.

This week has already been such a test of faith and for my personal self.   It all finally hit me like the second day.  After I read the letter you wrote me mom, at night i teared a lil bit.  Prayer and my patristical blessing have helped me so much and I feel like I notice something new everyday by reading it.  It is so true.  I wish now that I would have tried a lil bit harder before I left on my mission.  Because I know I'm behind in the doctrine but I know I'll be an expert after 2 years.

We have been talking to Brazilians and it's funny cause we have no clue what they are saying and they don't know what we are saying.  Some know some english and they go around saying "will you marry me" or they call my comp a fag-hahah.  I've been asking people about Natal and they say that's where everyone goes for their honeymoons.  It's hotter there than Sao Paulo and it's hot here-that sucks but they also said girls are trouble in my area too.  So I have to watch out for that lol!

It rains like every night here so it feels nice at night.  We went to the temple for the first time today.  It was a cool experience.  Thank goodness it was in english.  I miss you guys and wish I could be home with you guys right now but I know I'm doing the Lord's work.

So write me on that website so ill have more time.  Or under Mr. Cheney's Cookies.

Love you guys!!! Tell people not to feel like I ignored them if I don't write back.  A lot of people have been writing me and I don't have time to email back.

Elder Mauter


No comments:

Post a Comment